100 Word Story Challenge
It was bittersweet, this end we'd come to.
There I was, now everything I once hated. A Vampire.
I kneeled before him, offering him my blood.
Once my fellow hunter, he would now hunt me.
I would save his life anyway, he’s saved mine more than once.
Reluctantly, he accepted the lifesaving liquid.
when I felt he’d taken enough, I softly kissed his lips and stood to leave.
"Trinity?" He gasped "I’ll love you forever, but I will hunt you."
I nodded "I know."
Hot tears slid down my cheeks as I walked away, surrendering myself to the night.
Eternal Struggle
His hands grip me tighter, fingernails digging into my skin as he squirms in pleasure. My tongue caresses his neck…ever so gently…. he moans…my lips follow, sucking lightly…. and then slowly,my razor sharp fangs descend and almost pierce his skin. NO!!! My conscious screams at me. Control… you must learn to control yourself and your urges! Lately, however, when he holds me close I’ve wanted nothing more than to sink my fangs into the soft flesh of his neck. To taste the bittersweet essence of him flowing warm across my tongue. To take his lifeblood into myself, and become pleasantly drunk with the sensation. Drink from him until my desire is sated. The rational part of me knows that I cannot. For if I do, once will never be enough, I will NEED more, always more. I will end up draining the life from him little by little until I finally drain him dry….and then what? I am left having hurt another one that I loved.
I tear myself away from him quickly. He sends me a confused look.
Oh, how I wish I could explain. If only he could understand. His eyes plead with me to come back to his arms but I know what I must do. And so, with a sad smile, willing him to understand, I turn the knob and step from his living room out into the night. The door closing gently sounds like thunder to me. A harsh sound that echoes off the neighboring buildings. I shiver a little realizing I’ve left my coat, but there’s no turning back-not for me. If I do it will surely end in disaster. And as I walk away for good, boot heals clicking on the pavement, crimson tears slide down my cheeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.